Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Non-Typical Tuesday

Every night I come into work, I know that it will be different from the night before, but I wanted to do something extradorinaiy tonight. 

Every situation is different especially when you work at the front desk of  a resort. 
Working at a resort has taught me more than any other job I have worked before. Its amazing how your customer service skills you learn can be used in your everyday life. Everything comes together and makes you who you are.

Tonight, I had the privilege of doing something great for a guest. I noticed that she was tired and just wanted the perfect vacation for their family. Most people would just not want to do anything for anyone, but I decided to have a different outlook on it. You always have to remember that you do not know what the person might be going through so it does not hurt to try to brighten their night. 
I wanted to make a difference for this family and luckily I can do that with my job. I decided to call a top deluxe resort and get them a free upgrade. I was so ecstatic to tell the guest that when I finally told her, she could not believe it.
She started to cry in tears of happiness.
I turned her entire vacation around and made it better.

This act of kindness I did will always stick with me. Knowing I can turn someone's once in a lifetime vacation reassures me that I am doing okay in life. 
You always have to remember that you will be okay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment